Friday, March 03, 2006

Pirates Have Soulful Eyes (<---Revelation One)

(G-ram if you’re reading this, that title’s for you)

The past few days were spent working in Montreal… it had all of the makings of a business trip (flights, hotels, laptops, lengthy conference calls, and mountains of paperwork) but its feel was that of a true road trip. The revelations were many. I’m starting to believe that it is impossible to travel and not learn something new about yourself or the world as you do it.

The following is a truthful account of the things that I learnt in the city of Frenchies:

Revelation Two ¹: The sushi, more specifically the “Casablanca” sushi from Mikasa Restaurant in Montreal, is the best sushi you’ll ever eat. It’s basically orgasmic... and I mean that literally... much to my chagrin...

That brings us to:

Revelation Three: Eating Sushi from your most favorite sushi place every day for four days is probably not such a good idea, as it wreaks havoc on your insides. I now believe that the human body is only supposed to eat so much fish within a week.

Revelation Four: It doesn’t matter how long it’s been since you’ve seen an old friend, you’ll pick up exactly where you left off... laughing until you pee your pants.

Revelation Five: Cartoons are underrated! Why are kids today so lucky? I got stuck watching things like She-ra princess of power... and they get Invader Zim and Clone High... two fabulously funny and fresh cartoons that you must find and watch... Right now... I mean it... well what the hell are you waiting for... Gooooooooooooooo!



¹ In case you missed it, revelation one is the title... so yes, I can count.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey ya sushi traitor!! Looks like we missed each other by a few days... Just let me know next time and hopefully we can meet up. Hope you'll be over your sushi overdose by then! ;)

Anonymous said...

I understand why you ate sushi everyday...and I am sad I missed it! Those days are gone, but for sure we'll go back to Mikasa!