Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bon Courage Part 2

So by the time the lights came up, I was tired, drunk, and slow dancing... Yes I was slow dancing... but I wasn't sucking face. My dance partner and I had spent the night laughing hysterically at all the hookups we had seen transpire on the dance floor. From beginning to end, we were present for each mini relationship... judging them all along the way. As hungry as I was, we ended up going to a pizza place not too far away. They serve this garlic pizza that while pungent, tastes like a piece of heaven. It reminded me of a New Brunswican favorite called Garlic fingers....

...While in Sackville I had Garlic Fingers for the first time; they came from a restaurant called Joey's. Now... due to the fact that I was drinking... and that my memory is not what it used to be... I couldn't remember their name. I kept calling them John's Cheesy Sticks.
Gimme some John's Cheesy Sticks.
I needs me some John's Cheesy Sticks.1

In my defense, they are basically cheesy, garlicky, sticks... so there... Scott and J (G) you can stop laughing now!

Anyway the zza2 was delish! I walked back to my hotel and crashed...

Saturday:

I wake up... unsure that I actually want to remove myself from the soft and warm bed... I open one eye; wait until the Mack truck that's whizzing around inside my head comes to a halt, and then I open up the other. I take a moment to remember where I am (my Hotel room in Montreal... when you travel for work you quickly lose your bearings) I turn my head slowly (so that I don't re-awaken the Mack truck) look at the clock. It's 8:30 am... 8:30 in the frigin' morning! This is my curse: ever since I was younger, I have had the uncanny ability to get up, about 4 or 5 hours after a night of drinking. This "power" still haunts me today.

Anyway, I convince my eyes to close, and when they re-open it's about 3 hours later... 11:30... Damn I've missed breakfast. Just as well because I'm not sure that my stomach can handle anything right now. I've got plans to go shopping but all I can think about is cuddling up in the blankets turning on the TV and ordering movie after movie (until my entertainment expense runs out). The crazy thing is that I've got to do it all again tonight!




1 When I'm hungry, I tend to get belligerent... those were quotes from belligerent Tricia...
2 I'm trying to bring back the slang term for Pizza (zza) <--- another one of my resolutions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ME three... In bed by 4 am and up by 8 am...*sigh*

-Kidd-o